Tuesday 28 January 2014

Say Something-A great big world ft Christina Aguilera


I first heard this song when I was having a very shit day at work and nothing on my playlist seemed to lift my spirits and put me back in the groove. So I decided to switch to the radio and find some inspiration there. There was some top 40 hits review going on so I was like ok let’s see where this goes and then they played this song. Let’s just say I’m a sucker romance and have always found solace in music when going through my trials so I wrote down the name of the song on my note pad.

Exactly a week later as I was walking into my room I saw the video. Absolutely blown away I was. That’s when I looked for the song, listened to the lyrics….. and shed a tear. How could a song reach out and touch my very core??? It was a nostalgic moment of being in a quadrant of loving someone but seeing the relationship slipping away. It brought back memories of fighting for something to the point where the more you fought the more you died a lil inside until it brought you to your knees; defeated. Memories of feeling like a caged animal seeking release, bound by your own fantasies of how amazing the relationship could be but not wanting to face the reality….
 
 

It is a therapeutic song, a healing song. If I had heard this song then it would have given me the strength to stretch my wings and take the leap faster than when I eventually did. Two thumbs (and big toes) up for this song. I’m sending the link to all my friends I hope they’ll love it as much as I do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment