Tuesday 6 November 2012

DAY 7:SOBER NOVEMBER

I feel like I should have done this a lot earlier really! It’s still early days and considering I might be doing this alone since I’ve already received a drunk dial from the Mr. I’m sure it will be a breeze.

I went out over the weekend and sat in a bar with my friends, who were all drinking, and I made some very hilarious observations. Everyone was bewildered by the fact that I wasn’t drinking and I had enough the offers to take a sip or just have one drink I was almost tempted until I realized this challenge was for me and not them.
I also watched with amusement how every round led to a change in conversation. People got happier and previous dry jokes became very funny; people looking for similarities on the writings of their different beverages and for some odd reason everyone’s eyelids seemed heavier!

In the end I had to act crazy to fit in, building pyramids with empties and pretending to be a bar lady (Lorraine the waitress!). A Sprite and Fanta pineapple later I began to feel the weight of all the humorless banter and decided to call it a night.
So the struggle continues but it’s worth every moment….

No comments:

Post a Comment