Wednesday 4 July 2012

ATT: WOMEN!


My heart bleeds each time I talk to my friends and hear the story of their lives. But I’ve always asked myself what do we women do to deserve all this?

So I went on a young fact finding mission to really know the root of the problem. I really didn’t want to base everything on my experiences because that would be a very biased opinion but I must say I learnt a lot when I really dug deeper into this issue.

I will spare you all the gory details of what has happened to those close to me but I’d much rather talk about our insecurities and how they work or aide to our destruction and oppression by our counterparts.
*      Women look for love for the wrong reasons. We try to search for our ultimate happiness in someone else but little do we realize that all we need is to love ourselves and be happy and confident with ourselves as we are. We need to realize that we are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalms 139:14) and we can never fully be happy with life until we are happy with ourselves. It all boils down to self worth; people will treat you in the same manner you treat yourself. Don’t ever expect that man to treat you like a queen unless you act like a princess!
*      Women tend to overlook TOO many irregularities and by the time we realize that you cannot live with your mates behavior it’s usually too late. Ladies, a man will never wake up and just start bashing your head after being married to him for 1 year. It’s always the petty things like that shove when you are arguing or his overly controlling nature and the swearing. I would never tolerate a man who calls me a b*%#@ whatever the situation! We somehow seem to turn a blind eye to all the warning signs until the bell finally falls onto head and all you are left with are the scars from the aftermath.
*      There are lots of needy women out there! (Yes ladies I just had to say this) It may not always be financially but even the constant nagging can be too much for anybody. Let me talk about the dollar bills first. We all need to realize that a man is supposed to your partner not your father. Most women always opt to look for the wealthy man who will take care of them and their children but the truth is something’s gotta give. You can never fully enjoy a relationship with someone who always seems to have the upper hand in everything. You can never stand up and voice your issues because you are scared you might lose your livelihood but the truth is you are losing your life. You have given up your life to drive a merc or stay in a mansion or to go shopping in New York.
*      I’d also want to talk about the emotionally needy woman (most women are, myself included) who have pledged their lives to be central intelligence agents of their partners for the rest of their lives. They make it their business to know where their man is and what he’s doing, who he’s with, and where their going afterwards……..! Oh my gosh I assure you if they could they could they’d stick a bug up their man’s a%# and keep a tab on him 24/7. But I think the issue is not with the man himself but with trust itself. We no longer know the meaning of the word we have become a bunch of doubting Thomas’ we’d rather have him prove it than believe it. And truth is it does any relationship more harm than good. We waste most of out time worrying and fretting about whether our mate is faithful or not we don’t realize that our lives are passing us by focused on an individual rather than on you.
I think I’ll stop here for today, but I will continue to write about this complex issue. . . . . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment