Thursday 5 July 2012

Cancer Awareness



I recently decided to get off my high horse and give back to the community that moulded me and to reach out to someone out there whom I may never meet but would definitely want to change their lives in one way or the other.

Through a group called “Her Majesty” (which I’ll blog about later) I decided to join a fundraising initiative for the Cancer Association of Zimbabwe through a street collection. To be honest I had my reservations as I had never participated in anything of this nature but since I had told myself this is 20Life I decided to take on the new challenge with the assurance that I was doing something that would help the next person.

                                                        Varie and a well wisher


It was quite an insightful time as most of the people who donated had lost a loved one to the dreadful disease. I had never realised that cancer has affected so many households in our country and I just hope as individuals we can do more to raise awareness of the symptoms of cancer in individuals and improve our health care system to allow and afford the majority of our population an opportunity to receive treatment in time.
All in all I must say I enjoyed every moment of it and I hope the few hours spent in the sun richly blessed someone who really needs it!

No comments:

Post a Comment